Google
 

Sunday, March 30

My Recipes: Grilled Milkfish in Tomato Soup (Sinigang sa Kamatis na Isdang Ihaw)

Sinigang is a popular dish here in the Philippines. It's basically known for its sour taste. One way to get a sour taste on your dish is by using Tomatoes (kamatis). So we will be using tomatoes` on the the recipe that I'll be sharing with you which is also one of my favorites. My mother would always cook this when I am still living with them and she actually doesnt have a name for this dish (I think she just learned the recipe from my grandmother as well), so when I would request that dish, I'll have to explain the whole dish to her. Now, I just thought of calling the dish as Grilled Fish in Tomato Soup (in tagalog: Sinigang sa Kamatis na Isdang Ihaw). Later on you will discover that from the name itself, you will know how to cook this refreshing dish. So let's start!

Ingredients:
2 pcs Milkfish, sliced
1 bunch Kangkong leaves (use the tender ones only)
6 pcs tomatoes, chopped
2 tsp Shrimp Paste (Bagoong in tagalog)
3 pcs long green chili
1 pc Onion
3 cloves Garlic
4 cups Water
Salt

Here's how to cook:
1. Grill the sliced Milk Fish and set aside.
2. Saute garlic, onions and shrimp paste. Add tomatoes and let it simmer for 3 minutes or until tomatoes are soft (you can put a cover on the pan so that it'll be easier to cook the tomatoes).
3. Then add 4 cups of water and the grilled fish as well. Bring it to boil then add kangkong leaves and long green chili.
4. Let it simmer for five minutes.

Try it and tell me if you like the recipe.

7 comments:

Len said...

ey sis! i want to try this.. ala mu manyaman ya! :)

tx sweetie said...

wow good timing kumakain ako ngayon.sarap ng sinigang mow!!

Minette Rivera said...

Go go go sis! Manyaman ya pin yan and healthy ya pa =)

Minette Rivera said...

Hi texas_sweetie! sana i try mo yan. Im sure, you will like it! =)

Thanks for visiting my blog!

Anonymous said...

waaah! gustung-gusto ko nang kumain ng kangkong! lalo tuloy akong na homesick!

will try this later, but without kangkong.

thanks for sharing it!

Minette Rivera said...

great but why without kangkong? wala bang mabibili dyan? You can replace it with mustasa or spinach if you want. Suggestion lang po =)

Sinigang said...

Hi!

Your Sinigang looks really delicious!

I'm collecting a list of the best sinigang recipes in my blog, and I included your sinigang recipe (just a link though, hope you don't mind). You can see it at
http://kumain.com/sinigang-recipes/

Keep in touch!

Tanya Regala

Sign up for PayPal and start accepting credit card payments instantly.